Monica Elden, LMFT lic # 37734
BIO & SPECIALTIES
In addition to private practice, I work as a Wellness Coach and an Instructor in Behavioral Health Education at Kaiser Permanente where I have been able to work with hundreds of people to uncover and dissolve barriers to change. I have been teaching Mind Body Medicine courses in depression, stress, and anxiety management since 2006. It has been moving and inspiring to facilitate the healing journey in this way with so many.
Early in my career, I found working with underserved populations and those with serious and persistent mental health challenges, to be deeply rewarding.
As an intern, I worked in public and private schools where I had the privilege to provide school based counseling. I worked as a corporate trainer until I began to practice psychotherapy in 1996. I studied interpersonal communications at UCLA, and graduated with honors, including Cum Lade and Dean's List. I graduated from the California Institute for Integral Studies in Integral Counseling Psychology with a focus in Expressive Art Therapy.
I work with individuals and groups.
VIA phone or skype sessions.
Please call for in-person options 415-944-WELL (9355)
Are you looking to make changes or embark on an inner journey? People have worked with me on many issues, including:
- Mind Body Medicine for Stress
- Burnout to balance for healthcare providers
- Emotional Eating
- Health challenges as catalysts for growth
- Happiness as a Learned Skill
- Transforming Negative Beliefs & Behaviors
- Spiritual and Personal Growth
- Cultivating Calm in the Face of Anxiety
- Releasing depression, restoring vitality
“Since starting this course, I stopped taking Valium, exercised more and sleep without meds. I learned about how I was distorting my thoughts and I learned to think differently. Also, I have no pain!! : )”
~ Participant in Mind Body Medicine for Stress Reduction
Most specialties are also available as a
presentation or training for your organization.
SIDE EFFECTS OF THERAPY MAY INCLUDE:
- Increased ability to enjoy the moment
- Loss of interest in worry
- Contentment & inner peace
- Authentic self expression
- More laughter & vitality
- Trusting your intuitive wisdom
- Feeling good about yourself
- More self compassion
- Expanded capacity for love & intimacy
- A meaningful & fulfilling life
- An overall feeling of wellbeing
“The way Monica works with people is inspiring. Her ability to understand the underlying needs of her clients combined with keen perceptions is one of her greatest assets."
~ Shari Simon
Senior Vice President